ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Recovery Advocates (all shifts).
- Provides day-to-day supervision of all Recovery Advocates and adolescent clients. Provides spontaneous and unscheduled attendance and review of all treatment components.
- Assists the House Manager to ensure the safety, security, and efficiency of the facility at all times. Conducts contraband searches in accordance with policy and procedures
- Supervises clients in the self-administration of medication and documents appropriately as needed. Ensures all required medication reconciliations are completed and performs daily checks to prevent medication errors.
- Assists with and conducts investigations of major incidents in the community as necessary.
- Promotes utilizes and assists the House Manager with training staff on the treatment method for adolescent substance abuse treatment. Provides on-the-spot job support and training of staff in the utilized model.
- Conducts supervision with direct reports regularly and documents accordingly. Prepares corrective action plans for staff when necessary.
- Accurately prepares all supervisory reports and documentation in a timely fashion.
- Implements new programs and procedures in coordination with the management team.
- Provides on-call support for Recovery Advocate staff and covers shifts as needed.
- Assists with staff scheduling to ensure adequate direct care staffing to provide support and security to the treatment community within state and federal compliance guidelines.
- Participates and facilitates the occurrence of shift change. Ensures that all occurrences/incidents are documented appropriately, facility and cabinets are secure, supplies are stocked for the next shift, and that all keys and other property are accounted. Reports and checks for damages, safety issues, or another program/facility concerns.
- Maintains accurate documentation in staff log, client charts, medication log, facility forms, and other reports in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations. Documents all notes, occurrences, and incidents in the Electronic Health Record as required and by the end of each shift.
- Assists in scheduling fire, tornado, and all other required drills per facility licensure and documents as appropriate.
- Provides client supervision in a safe, therapeutic setting. Documents room/bed checks and facility checks as required by policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes work requirements and maintains the quality output of the department.
- Attends supervisor, staff, and other meetings in accordance with job duties. Leads team meetings as needed.
- Promote clear, direct, and healthy staff communication patterns.
- Maintains a positive relationship with staff, residents, parents, and other agency contacts.
- Ensures training compliance at all times for self and all recovery Advocates
- Conducts and oversees all facility drug testing in accordance with Phoenix House policy and clinical need.
- Ensures compliance with daily schedule, the fidelity of groups, and documentation thereof.
- Transports patients to off-site appointments, outings, and other requested activities or events. Ensures all travel and transport policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience working with youth, preferably in a residential treatment setting
- One-year supervisory experience preferred
- Must maintain a valid Texas Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Demonstrates commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job location: Austin, TX
Job number: 61